The Shimano Sahara 4000XG FJ Spinning Reel is a great value for money softbaiting reel for New Zealand conditions.
Shimano Sahara 4000XG FJ Spin Reel Featuring:
G-Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's centre of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the centre of gravity closer to the angler’s hand, the G-Free Body helps reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of most Shimano reels. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives anglers the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that is felt when anglers first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear during fabrication, instead, the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano’s cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. HAGANE Gear is the fruit of Shimano’s inexhaustible pursuit for durability - the strength and power of forged metal continue to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
Propulsion Line Management System
The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion Spool Lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, Shimano’s new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while also preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
SilentDrive Technology benefits from a total redesign of all functional parts focused on the drive gear, worm shaft and other parts. The goal: remove unnecessary noise and vibration. In doing so, the overall tolerances are improved to a micron level, ultimately creating an overall quieter and smoother reel operation.
X-Ship provides improved gear durability. Supporting the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This allows the gears to stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit of X-Ship technology is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. These further benefits anglers with enhanced casting performance and casting distance of lighter lures.
Shimano Sahara 4000XG Spin Reel Features:
- Lighter in weight than the previous generation
- New body and rotor design
- Screw-in handle
- Anti-reverse switch
- Propulsion line management system
- Shimano 10-year reel warranty
- Shimano Hagane Design
- Shimano Hagane Gear
- Shimano X Ship
- Silent Drive: The basic design of the entire body and drive-related parts were reviewed one by one to reduce minute rattles, gaps, and shaking between parts down to the smallest detail. It provides smooth and quiet reel rotation.
- Shimano G Free Body
- Arc Spool: The spool has a special spool ring shape. This creates a rectifying effect on the line and realizes both suppression of line trouble and long casting performance.
- Kaisui OK: Models designed for the saltwater.
Shimano Sahara 4000XG Spin Reel Specifications:
- Mono line capacity: 10/200, 12/160
- Weight: 9.9oz
- Bearings: 4 + 1
- Gear ratio: 6.2:1
- Retrieve per crank: 39in
- Powerpro braid (lb/yds): 15/230, 30/180, 50/120
- Max drag: 12kg