The Scott Centric Fly Rod's are premium quality fly rods hand made in the USA. The Centric model is a great versatile all-round fly rod perfect for NZ conditions. They are a fast action fly rod which is great for distance and power when there is a slight breeze, but also has enough forgiveness for it to be delicate enough for throwing dries.
Scott Fly Rod's President Jim Bartschi and the crew at Scott Fly Rod's put the fast in feel with the ground breaking and simply iconic Radian, and now they're kicking it up a gear with the new Scott Centric fly rod. With never seen before stability, immediate recovery speed, the power to extend the casting range of any angler, topped off with soft flexing tip sections for feel and easy loading in close.
These are the most efficient rods Scott has ever created. High line speed, flat, stable loops are easily generated at any distance with minimal effort from the caster. These are rods that are accessible for any level of angler and are light, pin point accurate, and simply too much fun to cast at any distance.
If you're looking for a fly rod that can roll cast and mend efficiently for your big water, winter style fishing, or want a sexy loop and fast line speed back country machine, the Scott Centric has versatility in spades.
Scott Centric Fly Rods are Technically Superior
New generation ARC 2 (Advanced Carbon Reinforcement) is over 35% lighter and sets a new first in ultra-light multi-ply blank construction. The result is even more torsional stability with substantially lighter weight. This helps your rod track better for greater loop control and pin point accuracy.
Centric rods combine new precision construction techniques with our innovative new Carbon Link resin system to bond carbon fibres in a very dense matrix. The result? An exponentially lighter, more efficient rod that reduces casting fatigue and effort, while improving accuracy and versatility performance.
Centric rods combine new tapers and multi-modulus lay ups to increase fibre density and reduce weight, and new custom rolling equipment allows us to control fibre placement and density with new levels of precision.
Fitted with only the best in fly rod componentry
And just to top it all off, Scott fly Rods have designed new standard-setting componentry for Centric rods that redefine functionality, durability, and beauty.
Scott Centric rods are fit with Flor grade cork, new titanium stripping guides with super slick zirconia inserts, new low glare Snake brand Universal snake guides, and a new fully milled reel seat featuring speed threads, easy grip knurling, self-indexing hoods, micarta inserts, a special Delrin lock washer, and type 3 flat black hard coat.
The new titanium stripping guides with super slick zirconia inserts not only reduce weight while maintaining excellent strength but also assist in shooting line and look super pimp while doing so.
These new, patented, American made guides from Snake Brand feature radius feet which conform to the blank, have the best corrosion resistance, and even have a self-lubricating finish to shoot line farther.
Now with a low glare finish for added stealth.
If there is one rod to rule them all for fly fishing in New Zealand and Australia the Scott Centric is most definitely it.
Our precious even.
Scot Centric Fly Rod Technology:
- Centric rods combine new precision construction techniques with our innovative new resin system to bond carbon fibres in a very dense matrix.
- Scott's Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds directional stability and hoop strength while minimising additional weight. The new generation ARC is over 35% lighter and sets a new first in ultra-light multi-ply blank construction.
- ReAct technology combines Scott Fly Rod's X-Core design with a new complex materials and taper system to create a break-through in fast action rod design.
- Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry's leading composite technologies with cutting edge design.
- Scott pioneered the use of multi modulus fibre lay ups in blank design. By varying the fibre tensile modulus along the length of the rod, Scott is able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of their blanks.
- The all new FibreFuse enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fibre that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
- Natural finish blanks aren't subjected to the rip through the sanding belt, nor are they covered with heavy paint to add pop in your fly shop. We're firm believers in the natural beauty of graphite. A natural finish blank is built to exacting tolerances. Scott's advanced resin systems permeate the blank, leaving a durable finish that will stand up to years of abuse.
- A Mil-Spec III anodize penetrates the surface of the aluminium, creating the hardest, most durable, and most corrosion resistant finish available.
- With the highest strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance of any metal, our titanium guide frames let you worry about the fishing, and not about the salt.
- These new, patented, American made guides from Snake Brand feature radius feet which conform to the blank, have the best corrosion resistance, and even have a self-lubricating finish to shoot line farther.
- Recovery speed: Fast
- Section connection: Sleeve Ferrule
- Flex Profile: Fast
- NRNigel R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9 seconds ago5wt Scott centric
Finally have my dream flyrod. My first 5 wt. I have cast a radian before and it was wonderful. These are even better. Beautiful finish . Only tried on the lawn so far. Can't wait to put it to the test when the upcoming season opens up. Lookout trout. Cheers to fish City Hamilton for getting this too me so quickly. Tight lines
- DWDavid W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoScott Centric
This rod has changed my fishing. A delight to use.