Daiwa 20 Saltiga 18000-P
DAFRHN912XX18PRegular price $1,699.99 Save $-1,699.99
Spool my Reel!
Choose from high quality PLATYPUS mono or Daiwa X8 J Braid
Ever since the first Saltiga was released in 2002, the demand for heavy-duty saltwater spinning reels has constantly increased. The original Saltiga set a new standard for this category and has continually evolved throughout its eighteen-year history.
Now, in 2020 Saltiga is re-imagined delivering anglers the most technologically advanced Saltiga ever produced. Original Saltiga field-tester Mr Murakoshi says, the original Saltiga was all about the angler and field tester, 10 Saltiga was all about the engineer and their creations. Now, 20 Saltiga is the perfect mixture of both extensively redesigned and engineered from drag knob to handle the 20 Saltiga features the most advanced list of features ever, to once again affirm itself as the ultimate saltwater spinning reel.
The 18000-P is ideal for PE6-8 deep jigging with slow pitch or power jerk motion involved. Suitable for targeting truly giant fish in all areas of the globe.
- Monocoque Body: improved reel strength and water resistance
- G1 Duralumin Drive Gear: larger diameter drive gear
- Twist Buster II Advanced Line Management: tapered line roller enhanced to eliminate line twist
- ABS Long Cast Advanced Line Management: increased average flight distance
- Automatic Tournament Drag (ATD): significantly increased drag longevity
- Lightweight Air Rotor: redesigned arch disperses pressure to the lower section of the rotor to reduce stressing and flexing
- One-Piece Seamless Airbail: maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight
- Infinite Anti-Reverse: limits rearward backplay handle movement to almost zero for solid hooksets with less shock to the reel
- Silent Oscillation: noise-free operation
- Magsealed Body: magnetised oil seal located on the main shaft of the reel's rotor shutting the door to the elements and unwanted intruders
- Magsealed Line Roller: MagSealed line roller bearing shutting out the elements for optimum line roller protection, performance and longevity
- Magsealed Bearings: ultimate protection for the most at risk location such as the engine side plate and line roller
- Metal Ball Knob: providing maximum contact between handle knob and hand for optimal rotation balance, rotation and functionality
- Model: 18000-P
- Bearings: 12BB (6CR-2MS)
- Capacity: PE8 - 300m
- Drag: 30kg
- Gear: 4.5
- Retrieve: 98cm
- Type: Spin
- Weight: 875g