THE Shimano FX 2500 FC Spinning Reel is redesigned with versatility and more performance in mind. The FX FC now features a roller clutch, increased bearings for smoothness and Shimano's Propulsion Line Management System for longer casts with fewer wind knots or backlashes. This beginner front drag reel is a great choice if you want to try fishing for the first time. Propulsion Line Management System The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming. It also allows the line to flow off of the spool in smaller loops during the cast which means less slap on the stripper guide.
- Application: Freshwater and saltwater
- Roller clutch 2+1 bearings
- Propulsion Line Management System
- Front drag
- Gear ratio: 6.2:1
- Bearings: 2+1
- Max Drag: 4kg
- Line retrieve per crank: 35"
- Mono Capacity: 6lb/200yds, 8lb/140yds, 10lb/120yds
- Braid Capacity: 10lb/150yds, 15lb/145yds, 30lb/100yds