The all new compact HRC FF are Maxwell™ horizontal versions of the latest innovative new vertical RC6 and RC8 automatic rope/chain windlasses. The new HRC FF are packed with original and proven features including patentedrode management technology developed by Maxwell.
Maxwell’s Revolutionary New Chainwheel.
Maxwell once again leads the market in innovative thinking with the introduction of their latest Wave Design™ chainwheel. This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope compared to all other products on the market. Not only does this Wave Design™ hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.
Wave Design™ Chainwheel
Is fitted to all HRC Series windlasses, designed for anchor rodes with any marine grade chain, G4, BBB, Proof Coil and Metric.
- Simple bolt down installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up.
- Guaranteed trouble free rode transition from rope to chain, by means of an innovative, proven and patented pressure arm system, within a safe enclosed design.
- Integrated composite nylon, through deck hawse pipe for ease of installation and smooth, snag-free operation.
- Now incorporating Maxwell's automatic free-fall technology. Simply activate the windlass Free Fall lever, operate your down control (helm station or footswitch) and the windlass will freefall your anchor. Ready to lift the anchor? Activate the up control and the free fall device automatically disengages allowing you to power up your anchor.
- Aesthetically pleasing above deck design, encapsulating the motor and drive in a watertight case, saving space below deck and allowing simple routine maintenance.
- Die cast, marine-grade, alloy case is hard anodized for unsurpassed marine protection.
- High efficiency spur gearbox incorporating a robust non-backwind mechanism.
- High speed, jam-free retrieval of rope and chain controlled from a remote panel mounted Up/Down switch.
- Emergency free fall function in the event of onboard power failure. Activated by the supplied, emergency Free Fall lever.
- Revolutionary new chainwheel.
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor incorporating new technology features, including integrated wiring for quick electrical installation.
- Model - HRC FF-6
- Maximum Pull - 410kg/900lbs
- Static Hold - 700kg/1540lbs
- Chain Short Link - 6mm
- Rope Size (Nylon)* (3 strand or 8 plait)** - 12mm 1/2"
- Line Speed (Anchor retrieval nominal 30kg) 33m/min - 108ft/min
- Power Supply (DC) - 12V
- Motor Power - 600W
- Net Weight (Electric) 11.5kg/25lbs